We have proven that 90% of learners we have assessed in fact do not need automatic. Most having had poor tuition or a lack of understanding of the time it takes to develop skills.
We accept that learning to drive an automatic is becoming more popular however there are just not enough instructors in West Yorkshire willing to teach in it. We therefore have to prioritise who we take on and we want to be sure that it is the right decisions as too many learners give up too easy on manual tuition.
IT IS NORMAL PRACTICE TO STILL FEEL GEARS AND CLUTCH CONTROL A STRUGGLE UP TO 20 HOURS. – DONT GIVE UP TOO EASILY !!
Because we are in such high demand –
- we will require your regular availability and postcode area
- we will ask you to carry out an assessment in a manual car
- we will NOT take complete beginners on in automatic unless the learner has a disability whereby they cannot learn in a manual
- we will NOT do quick pass lessons or block lessons in automatic
- we cannot offer more than 1hour a week
- we will not take anyone on who has a test booked
BE SURE – We want to make sure that you are making the right choice. So always speak to your instructor to get their advice first as gears may not be the issue it could be to do with observations and decision making, which in turn affect the gear choice.
ALWAYS – Consider changing your current instructor for one that may give you a clearer understanding of the gears and how to use. for example I teach learners that in a 30mph zone its 3rd gear and busy areas in a 40mph zone is 4th gear. 2nd gear for allowing you more time to look and steer. and 1st for stopping.
Set lesson plans are in place for both manual land automatic driving lessons and in our experience learning automatic does not reduce the length of time significantly to warrant a decision to do automatic driving lessons over manual.
Our Driving Lesson prices for autom